Easy Expat International is seeking an Embankment Dam Resident for Tajikistan.
Description of the mission of the Embankment Dam Resident:
Our client is undertaking the mandate of Employer’s Representative for the construction a major hydropower project in Tajikistan under EPC contract (Silver Book).
Within the organisation of Employer’s Representative and under the management of the Chief Resident Engineer, you will lead a team dedicated to the supervision of the dam works.
The team will be constituted by an Embankment Dam Engineer with an international experience and will be reinforced by Employer’s personnel delegated in the ER organisation.
As Embankment Dam Resident, you will be in charge of the following tasks:
– Reviewing the Contractor’s method statements and site construction drawing for embankment material preparation and placement with respect to EPC Contract requirements and obligations and already released design documents
– Supervising the dam works with respect to EPC Contract requirements and obligations, in particular:
o Monitoring the actual progress of dam works with respect to the approved program
o Verifying the provision by the Contractor of adequate means and resources to carry out the dam works
o Verifying the compliance of the Contractor’s activities related to dam works with the Employer’s Requirements, the approved quality plan, health and safety rules, released design and work procedures.
o Coordinating with the Employer’s Laboratory as regards testing of the dam embankment material
o Verifying the conformity of the as-built drawings of the dam
– Following-up the evolution of the dam behaviour with respect to EPC Contract requirements, design calculations and numerical model results as regards:
o settlement and deformation of the dam body and foundation
o seepage through the dam
o piezometric conditions in the dam core, shells and foundation
– Assisting the Contract Manager in specific subjects of Contract management (interim payments, claims, etc.)
– Drafting the part of the ER Monthly Report related to dam works
– Engineer in the field of dams and hydraulic structures, you have a work experience of 20 years or above.
– You have a significant experience as resident engineer on embankment dam projects and have worked specifically on issues of embankment material preparation and placement and dam foundation treatment.
– Good level of English required. Russian or Farsi is a plus.
– Mobilisation date: September 2016
– Based in Rogun city (two-hour drive from the capital city Dushanbe)
Do not hesitate to send us your resume and availability to email@example.com