Easy Expat International is looking for 500 kV Transmission Line and Switchyard Supervisor for Ethiopia.
500 kV Transmission Line and Switchyard Supervisor with at least 15 years of experience.
Our client is in charge of the Construction Management and Supervision of GERDP hydroelectric project for the Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP). The Project consists of a 160 m high RCC dam, a 50 m high rock fill saddle dam and two powerhouses totalling 6000 MW of installed power. The Project is located on the Blue Nile river in the western part of the country about 750 km north-west of Addis Ababa – Ethiopia. The plant is under construction since 2011 through EPC contract and is due to be completed in 2017.
Scope of the works of the project:
Main Works comprise the following:
- Construction of an RCC dam on the Blue Nile River 15 km upstream of the South-Sudan border with a foundation at elevation 500 m a.s.l.. The dam will be approximately 1780 m long and 160 m high and will have a concrete volume of 10.5 Mm3, creating a reservoir of about 75 billion m3. The dam has left and right banks with a central low block housing an ungated spillway.
- The Saddle Dam raises the watershed from e. 600 m a.s.l. up to 646 m a.s.l.. The dam follows the morphology of the watershed with a crest length of approximately 5 km and an ungated emergency spillway on the right bank. The maximum dam height is 50 m.
- The two powerhouses of the open air type are situated immediately downstream of the dam on the left and right banks of the river. They are separated by a low block on the middle and linked by a road passing through a tunnel under the transformer bays. The right and left powerhouses contain ten and six turbines, respectively.
The Specialist will be based in Addis Ababa with missions (normally of some days up to some weeks, if needs be) to Project Site and to various Contractor’s factories locations in Ethiopia.
The Project Site is located in the western part of Ethiopia and is part of Blue Nile (Abay) River Basin which covers about 172,000 km2 of the Ethiopian territory. The project area is located near Bameza town near the Sudan border.
The site is at 9-10 hours by car to Addis Ababa, 30 minutes to Guba (town of 6.000 inhabitants).
The project area is a dry steppe-type climate with annual rainfall of 850 mm. Mean monthly temperatures ranging between 23° C and 33° C.
On Site, the 500 kV Transmission Line and Switchyard Supervisor will get an accommodation on base camp and one vehicle (initially shared with other team members). The permanent camp, that will become available soon, is located at elevation 1420 m a.s.l..
6 working days per week with annual leave of 30 days.
The assignment is a long term assignment for 12 months (with possible extensions) on Site with possible visits to Contractor’s facilities.
One international return economy air ticket every four months for the residents in Ethiopia.
Mobilisation date: Start asap.
Detailed tasks assigned:
Main tasks of the 500 kV Transmission Line and Switchyard Supervisor include:
- Site supervision during the erection of the transmission line to verify on the compliance with the Employer’s Requirements, on the application of sound engineering practices and to verify the progress of transmission line installations.
- Quality control of the equipment at site.
- Assistance to the Chief Resident Engineer for the evaluation of claims.
- Technical control over the as-built drawings relevant to the transmission line.
- Technical control of the Operation and Maintenance Manuals issued by the Contractor.
- Assistance in the organization and supervision of commissioning tests.
- Determination of the work progress for interim payments, as a function of the Bill of Principal Quantities of the Permanent Works.
Do not hesitate to send us your resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org