Easy Expat International is seeking a Power Fleet Optimization & Settlement Expert for a mission in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) has selected our CLIENT to support the new power digital journey by establishing Generation Optimization Center (GOC). Leveraging our know how and experience, our CLIENT has the responsibility to provide consultancy services to SEC with a roll-out strategy to extend to other locations that will encompass the entire generation portfolio for the country.
By collecting and placing data from connected power plants assets (43200 MW), made of CCGT, Steam Plants and Gas Turbines in a common digital platform, our CLIENT will support SEC to get a unified and centralized fleet view of information, analysis expertise, analysis and workflows that will codify, enlarge and institutionalize operational information, allowing consistent monitoring and best in class operating procedures with knowledge transfer.
SEC identified several challenges they needed to overcome to achieve their Power Digital transformation goals, including legacy systems, a centralizing visibility into operations at the plant level, streaming and centralizing fleet wide data, optimizing fuel forecasting with experts gathered together with mandatory skills on core businesses: Fleet optimization, merit order, Thermal Performance monitoring, fuel logistics and scheduling, Asset Performance Management, maintenance optimization, condition monitoring and digital infrastructure.
Power digitalization with GOC will be truly transformational. To suddenly be able to understand and direct power production using deep data insights and recommendation to enable a new business model for SEC as they transition to a competitive electricity market.
The expert will provide advanced consultancy to:
- Oversee all aspects of power scheduling, trading, maximizing utilization of thermal power plants and minimizing generation costs.
- Recommend, develop, lead and implement changes in power trading rules/policies and procedures with new market players (PB, ECRA) to prepare free open market.
- Elaborate accurate economic dispatch with variable marginal costs.
- Create a cost map related to generation operation costs.
- Design, deploy and implement FDM (Fuel Demand Module) calculations.
- Provide input as needed on the project to ensure power generation fleet optimization issues are considered and addressed on new tool (eterra market and Settlement) installation.
- Assist customer generation representatives and project teams to design new rules with main Principle buyer, based on PPA rules.
- Calculate energy commodities, options, heat rates, and energy products in the market with Principle buyer.
- Arrange for the purchase, sale and/or transfer of blocks of electrical energy.
- Coordinate energy purchases and/or sales with Principle Buyer and customer fuel supply/transportation entities on a daily, monthly or annual basis, and prepare and issue power schedules using eterra market and settlement digital tools.
- Establishing dynamic and static merit-order.
- Assist in preparing financial and written reports for Department management regarding power operations, power purchases, and power consumption on a weekly, monthly and annual basis using statistical data retrieved from a computerized system.
- Create annual and monthly budget amounts for customer counterparties, product types or charge types (monthly totals vs. budgeted expectations).
- Perform a global view on customer generation costs and identify main optimization levers to recommend further enhancement.
- Work directly with business SMEs (Performance and APM) to determine business needs and opportunities to provide technical business improvements.
- Work with 3rd party digital tool vendors to seek adequate resolution of system issues.
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in Power Utility within wholesales open markets (US/Europe), especially in energy trading, power demand fuel and settlement
- Capabilities on physical and financial markets, regulatory market design, and competitive marketplace profiles. Power trading and hedging strategies are also required
- Mandatory experience in thermal power generation with focus on maintenance planning, O&M costs and merit order settings
- Fluent and familiar with energy market digital tools: PABLO, ETERRA suit (market, commitment and settlement),
- Familiar with data management tools: Data historians, MV90,SQL, Fortran – Experience in energy demand forecasting, including management of PPA (Power Purchase Agreement), FSA (Fuel Supply Agreement), ECA (Energy Conversion Agreement) contracts management
- Willing to further build on and share your technical expertise.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Arabic language is important but not mandatory if the candidate is willing to learn it.
- Demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and management capabilities (decisiveness, resilience, capacity to listen, etc.), his diplomacy and powers of persuasion are valuable assets, especially in KSA. Knows how to deal with conflicts, tensions, susceptibility and to manage several interfaces/third parties in proper manner.
- Fluent English (Official Project Language)
Country : Saudi Arabia
Period : 2,5 years
Start : ASAP
Do not hesitate to send us your resume and availability to email@example.com