Easy Expat International is seeking a Power Plant Thermal performance design Expert for Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Electricity Company (SEC) has selected our CLIENT to support the new power digital journey by establishing Generation Optimization Center (GOC). Leveraging our know how and experience, our CLIENT has the responsibility to provide consultancy services to SEC with a roll-out strategy to extend to other locations that will encompass the entire generation portfolio for the country.
By collecting and placing data from connected power plants assets (43200 MW), made of CCGT, Steam Plants and Gas Turbines in a common digital platform, our CLIENT will support SEC to get a unified and centralized fleet view of information, analysis expertise, analysis and workflows that will codify, enlarge and institutionalize operational information, allowing consistent monitoring and best in class operating procedures with knowledge transfer.
SEC identified several challenges they needed to overcome to achieve their Power Digital transformation goals, including legacy systems, a centralizing visibility into operations at the plant level, streaming and centralizing fleet wide data, optimizing fuel forecasting with experts gathered together with mandatory skills on core businesses: Fleet optimization, merit order, Thermal Performance monitoring, fuel logistics and scheduling, Asset Performance Management, maintenance optimization, condition monitoring and digital infrastructure.
Power digitalization with GOC will be truly transformational. To suddenly be able to understand and direct power production using deep data insights and recommendation to enable a new business model for SEC as they transition to a competitive electricity market.
The expert will provide advanced consultancy to:
- Lead, with SEC engineers, GOC plants conceptual design studies and cycle optimization,
- GOC Design, Build, Test and Validate simulation models to support assessment of plant designed performances,
- Coordinate with the GOC plant monitoring engineer, performance engineers at power plants, project managers and SEC personnel in other divisions to review designs and resolve areas of concern,
- Define modeling design specifications for integration to Operation Optimization (OO) under PREDIX*,
- Develop, lead and implement plant process improvement initiatives to improve plant/asset/equipment heat rate and reduce fuel usage,
- Perform a global performance benchmark on equipment’s/asset health,
- Perform special studies or analysis involving review and update calculation to develop required reports.
- Mechanical/Thermodynamic qualified engineer
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Power Utility, with power plant design
- Strong experience with plant process heat balance modeling using GTPro, Gate Cycle/Efficiency MAP*, Optimax or similar performance tools is required
- Experienced with bid evaluation analysis of power plant major equipment including combustion turbines, steam turbines, HRSG, feedwater heaters and pumps.
- Mandatory Knowledge of CCGT technology
- Experience with ASME codes
- Fluent in using the performance engineering tools mentioned above
- Fluent in using the data management engineering tools (eg. PI DataLink, PI ProcessBook, PI AF, PI Coresight)
- Willing to further build on and share your technical expertise.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills. Arabic language is important but not mandatory if the candidate is willing to learn it.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
*An experience on those tools is not mandatory as a dedicated advanced training will be offered
Country : Saudi Arabia
Period : 2,5 years
Start : ASAP
Do not hesitate to send us your resume and availability to email@example.com